What is the Cleeve School Enrichment Fund?
The Enrichment Fund is a charitable trust (Charity Number: 1005775) which was set up to support the school in its aim to encourage all students to achieve their maximum potential. For over twenty years it has done this by:
- Providing capital equipment and supporting projects which could not be financed through state funding
- Helping those who are financially disadvantaged to take a full part in school life
The Fund is administered by a committee consisting of members of the local community and staff from the school.
What has the Fund Achieved?
The Fund has been able to finance a wide range of projects across many aspects of the curriculum including music, drama, sport and the arts. Among recent projects are the following:
- The purchase of stage lighting equipment to enhance school and community productions in the main hall.
- A university standard Language Laboratory which has enhanced the teaching of languages within the school but is also available to the local community
- The replacement of thirteen keyboards in the Music Department to develop students’ musicianship skills and knowledge
- The purchase of specialised PE equipment which has allowed students with special educational needs to take a full part in PE lessons
- Partial funding of laptops for Sixth Form students unable to fund machines for themselves
- The purchase of prizes for the annual Achievement Evening to reward students for outstanding effort and results
In addition to projects of this kind the Fund has been able to provide match funding for families in difficult financial circumstances to enable them to send their child on an enriching educational visit or experience
Where does the money come from?
The Enrichment Committee is continually seeking funding from other charities that will support educational projects. In addition we need a flow of funds from local people who have an interest in the school and this includes parents, grandparents and former pupils.
Contact and communication with local businesses is vitally important to the school as they prepare students for the world of work. Businesses can help too by donating to the fund or by providing equipment for the school.
We need your help
In a time of cutbacks and budgetary restraint the contribution the Fund can make to the educational experience of Cleeve School students is even more important.
Donations large or small are urgently needed to enable the Fund to continue with the support we give to the school.
If you wish to contribute you can do so either by setting up a regular standing order with your bank or by making a one-off donation by cheque made payable to Cleeve School Enrichment Fund.
Gift Aid is the government scheme which allows charities to reclaim the basic rate of tax that has already been paid by the taxpayer. Higher rate taxpayers can themselves reclaim the difference between the basic rate and the higher rate of tax via their annual tax return.
Two Hedges Road
Cheltenham, GL52 8AE