Keeping Children Safe in Education
Here at Cleeve we work in conjunction with the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children’s Partnership (GSCP) and local external agencies with our purpose to protect our students from harm. This aim is achieved by ensuring that all staff receive appropriate training as well educating students about how to protect themselves from risks that exist in the changing world that they live in.
Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school. There are five main elements to our policy:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Ensuring that procedures set out by the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Partnership (GSCP) are followed by the designated safeguarding lead and where appropriate the designated governor for safeguarding.
- Raising awareness of safeguarding issues and implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse. This includes staff training so that all understand their responsibilities.
- Supporting students who have been abused, in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan.
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn, develop and feel listened to.
For more information please see our 'Safeguarding: Keeping Children Safe in Education Policy' and also our 'Early Help Offer' in the section Our School, sub-section 'School Polices and Documents'.